Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Another One Pops the Top

Here "in-town" popping the top is really in vogue.
It's different from popping a top in the 'burbs.

The good ones look the same-- or nearly the same-- from the front.
This house was recently renovated by Jim Hogan. It's for sale and is staged beautifully.
(If you want to see it, let me know and we'll take a peek.)

Sometimes changes are made to the front and they come off ok and even great.



This is another very recent "bump up."
I love it!

If you look very very carefully you can see that the brick on the new addition isn't exactly the same as the old brick.  The owner said this was as close as they could get. There's one color missing in the new brick.
I still love it.



One of the things I love about this house is the way they matched the little tudor curl on the roof. (I'm sure that has a name, but I don't know what it is.) The new gable mimics the original.  Note: the white trim piece on the new gable is made of a plastic material that bends. Ingenious!



The eyebrow on the back of the house truly does it for me.
I'm dying to have a tour.


Two doors up from this beauty is this...


Right now, the best thing I can say is it could possibly be "Miss Congeniality".
I'm sure it's homey and cozy.
But they're Popping It's Top.


Yesterday I channelled Gladys Kravitz.


And took these shots of the progress...

out my upstairs window.
(Just think if Gladys had had a digital camera with a zoom lens.)

They eventually took the whole roof off and added heavier floor joists to support the second floor addition.
There's more progress today.



Stay tuned if you have an "Enquiring Mind" and see how this one comes out.
Strange things happen when they "Pop the Top".

Patti